Monday, July 15, 2013

meet them where they are...

I have so much to say, on this the first "work" day after the Zimmerman verdict, however the thought that is at the forefront of my spirit is a song/chant that I recorded last year. The piece is called "Survivors," and the core of me knows that we are not victims, though we have been victimized. Even in the aftermath of this, and every other injustice African people throughout the African Diaspora have experienced, we are not victims. We have to etch this affirmation into our psyche as we move forward in remembrance of our past but also actively engaging in the living. 

To hear "Survivors" scroll down to close to the bottom of this link http://www.veronicabohanan.com/audio.

Also, I created this collage last year and I feel that it is even more powerful today. It is entitled: "meet them where they are..."


No comments:

Post a Comment